Saturday, April 21, 2018

Adversvm Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the album?
1)We have done the deal with Iron Bonehead Productions to release the debut album.

I have started to work on new stuff for the next album and a new EP or split that will be finished in the end of 2018. Some new memebers join the band now.

2.You have an album coming out in May, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
The musical sound is funeral doom with some influences of death doom amd noise music. Our music is not similar to the most bands that are playing funeral doom. It's not melancholic or depressive but hateful and morbid. I am very proud of our sound.



3.The original plan was to create art more sinister than black and death metal, do you feel both of these genres have lost their ways in the years when it comes to creating dark occult music?

3. It wasn't just the original plan but also the result. It doesn't matter if the music is occult or not. I think it is more important that the concept authentically goes with the sound. Yes, I am bored of the present black and death metal. I began to listen to drone, doom and noise music some years ago. I have found there more atmosphere than in black or death metal before. It inspired me and this way ADVERSVM was born.

4.You have talked about your work with the qliphotic current before, can you tell us a little bit more about your studies and practices involving this path?
I have talked about the studies but never about the practices and won't ever do that. The code of honour in hermetic movement and the fucking law are the reasons. My studies were about modern satanism in the early youth. After that shit came transcendental magic, traditional satanism, dark heathenism, hebrew mysticism and apocryphal tradition. The qliphotic current I chose only for the birth of ADVERSVM.

The anti-stellar gnosis or my higher religious knowledge is the knowledge about prehistory, the truth about the staus quo and the destination. I curse the creation of the false demiurge and worship the fall of status quo for the transformation of all forms into disharmonic chaos until total darkness and the timeless void.5.You also have a son entitled 'Current 218', can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in Gnosticism or Anti Cosmic Satanism?

6.What are some of the other lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
Mysticism, theology, end time prophecies, blasphemy.

7.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Adversvm'?
ADVERSVM I chose as meaning for the opposite direction. In the opposite direction towards the origin. It means the countercurrent to all mundane ways on earth and to everything has risen with creation.

8.Can you tell us a little bit more about the skull and sigil that is presented in the album cover art work?
8. The skull represents death and the sigil I have drawn with the letters of the word adversvm. It's our bandlogo. I prefer a sigil as bandlogo over a usually drawn one.


9.On the album you worked mostly with session musicians, do you feel it is very hard to find musicians that are on the same path as you or have the same visions that you want to bring out in the music?
 No, I just looked in the process of AION SITRA AHRA for session members to finish the album as soon as possible. For the future I will recruit permanent members.

10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of funeral doom metal?
I still can not say anything about the feedback of funeral doom fans. I can imagine that the most fans of this subgenre prefer more melancholic and melodic music than the sound of ADVERSVM. About fans of other metal genres I know that this people and labels need rock'n'roll entertainment like usual music consumers. Most of them don't understand and so don't like this sound. I like it to know that our music will never be played on a metal and drinking party.

11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Through the music I will incarnate hate and blasphemy until death.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Old Rock, Thrash, Death and Black Metal I am still listening to. I was grown up with that shit and will also die with it. In addition there came TFO, drone doom and noise music like SUNN O and MAURIZIO BIANCHI. They have really influenced my music.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
The latest news about ADVERSVM you can find on the facebook band page. Thank you for the interview. Hallowed be the end time divine. Hail Satan!

Facebook
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment